Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Musing of one in a reminisent mode.

Today I was thinking about when I met my wife to be. I took a friend of mine to pick up his girlfriend after a girl's club meeting and there I met Mary Kay. After we chatted awhile I asked if I could take her home and she said "No,  I just met you and I don't know anything about you." After some pleading and some references from others present, she finally agreed to let me take her home, but I had the last laugh. Six months later, we were married and we stayed married for just over 73 years. Those years included quite a few adventures, considerable amount of travel, and some hard work to get us out of what would now be called "poverty". She was an extremely talented person and I have examples of her artwork all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment